Your aura is the powerful electromagnetic energy that surrounds your body, completely unique to you and representative of your distinct radiant energy. It is almost like a vibrant and colorful glow projected outwards from your physical self but completely invisible to the eye – or is it?
The practice of aura photography, or aura portraits, provides us with a tangible way to see the subtle nuances and exceptional qualities contained within our own vibrational energy.
What is Aura Photography?
As the name suggests, aura photography is a form of portrait photography that captures the subject’s aura.
In an aura photo, the aura looks like a beautiful “halo” of colors. No two aura portraits are alike, and reading aura photos means understanding what different aura colors mean and why their positioning matters.
An aura portrait is a snapshot of your energy, as it is in the present moment. As such, aura images taken even 15 minutes apart can be different.
Who Invented Aura Photography?
The origin of aura photography is attributed to a scientist named Guy Coggins.
During the 1970s, the surging interest in the metaphysical world inspired Coggins to adapt techniques from Kirlian photography. Named for Soviet inventor Semyon Kirlian, this form of photography involved capturing images of an object’s electrical discharge. With this concept as his foundation, Coggins created an original camera system called the AuraCam 3000. The camera used an algorithm developed by Coggins and his clairvoyant colleagues to convey electrical input (energy) with bright colors.
Since then, Coggins developed the AuraCam 6000, which is the aura camera model most commonly in use today.
How Does an Aura Photo Work?
Aura photography uses a special camera and an innovative, double-exposure process to capture energies on film. Every aura portrait is unique, depicting the individual’s metaphysical self in the form of energy.
Learning how to read an aura photo involves interpreting the various colors, as well as the position of each one within the image.
How do you get your aura photographed?
If you would like to get an aura portrait, you will first need to find an aura photographer in your area. The practice requires a specialized camera, and it is said that there are only about 100 currently in existence.
How do you read an aura?
The best way to interpret an aura portrait is with the assistance of an aura photographer or experienced reader. Everything from the colors and shapes in the image to their locations within the image holds a deeper meaning.
- The top of an aura photo, specifically everything above ear-level, is a representation of your consciousness.
- An arch in an aura photo shows something you hold in high esteem or a goal/aspiration of yours.
- The lower left-hand section of an aura photo is the energy you are taking in or how you view the world.
- The lower right-hand section of an aura photo is the energy you’re giving off, or how the world sees and perceives you.
Because aura photographers are skilled at interpreting both the parts and whole of an aura portrait, it can be challenging to ask them to simplify each aura color to a single generalized meaning. However, there are broad aura color meanings that can offer a good place to start:
- Red: Willpower, strength, action, passion, courage
- Orange: Creative, confident, adventurous, collaborative
- Yellow: Enthusiastic, optimistic, generous, playful, whimsical, joyful
- Green: Loving, nurturing, connected to nature, compassionate, growth-oriented
- Blue: Trust, loyalty, sensitivity, emphatic, expressive, supportive
- Purple: Visionary, inspired, unconventional, non-judgmental
- Pink: Caring, cheerful, self-aware, loving, generous
- Magenta: Motivated, grounded, heart-centered
- Tan: Cautious, intelligent, logical, strategic, detail-oriented
- White: Wise, energized, protective, inspiring
Aura portraits are an incredibly beautiful representation of our inner selves – and what makes them so special is that every aura photo is personalized to a single person in that single moment in time.
Learn How to Look Within with Spiritual Teachings and Services from SoulTopia
Aura photos can be a fascinating glimpse into your distinctive energy, translating a metaphysical concept into something you can see. It is just one of the many ways to elevate your understanding of yourself as a spiritual being.
At SoulTopia Holistic Boutique, we offer a diverse range of spiritual services and experiences designed to expand the understanding of the intangible, helping you “see” a path towards your own spiritual wellness. And because each spiritual journey is unique to the individual, we take pride in presenting an array of ways to engage your heart, mind, and soul.
For more information about how aura photography works and how it may serve you, we invite you to contact us or visit our locations in Dallas or Carrollton today.
Image Source: Glen Berlin / Shutterstock