The practice of using crystals to heal various ailments has been used for thousands of years. While not a crystal, the earliest known origin of this type of practice traces back to ancient times in Russia, using beads made from mammoth ivory over 60,000 years ago. It’s believed that crystal healing dates back even further, possibly since humankind’s beginning. If it’s been a common practice for so long, it’s hard to deny that crystals have their benefits. Knowing how crystals can be used to heal chakras is important when trying to figure out if this healing method is right for you.
What are Chakras and What Do They Do?
There are seven chakras, and each one helps to balance our body, spirit, and mind. The chakras each have a different center on the body, representing different areas of healing and balance. When they become out of sync, they can negatively impact you in various ways.
The seven chakras:
- The root chakra (red): Located at the base of the spine, the first chakra is known as the root chakra. This chakra connects your mind, soul, and body to the Earth, keeping us grounded and connected with it. It is represented by the color red.
- The sacral chakra (orange): The sacral chakra is located below your belly button. It helps to regulate the lymphatic system and express emotions. It’s associated with the color orange and helps a person get in touch with their sexual wants and needs.
- The solar plexus chakra (yellow): Associated with self-discipline, self-confidence, and wisdom is the solar plexus chakra. It’s represented by the color yellow and is located below the ribcage, behind the naval region. It’s responsible for your ‘gut feeling’ or instinct.
- The heart chakra (green): The heart chakra, represented by the color green, is associated with love and compassion. Unlike the name suggests, it is not located on the left side of your chest where the heart is, but in the center. This one is responsible for a sound mind and emotional health.
- The throat chakra (blue): Located in the spot above your heart is the throat chakra, represented by the color blue. This chakra helps you voice your opinions and expressions and allows a person to be creative.
- The third eye chakra (indigo): The “third eye” chakra loosely translates to “beyond wisdom,” so, naturally, this chakra is the key to finding information about yourself and the materialistic world.
- The crown chakra (violet): The crown chakra is represented by the color violet and is located on top of your head. It’s responsible for your direct connection with conscious energy. It is also associated with the Buddhist belief of one-day achieving nirvana. Balance this chakra, and you may gain insight into yourself, as well as manage to balance the other chakras of your body.
Why Do Chakras Need Healing?
Your chakras might need healing for a variety of reasons, but the most common is an imbalance of one or more chakras in your body. Negative emotions can cause this, stress, self-deprecation, obsessive thought, bottled-up emotions, or trauma that a person hasn’t moved on from. Any one of the reasons listed can cause a lack or excess of energy flowing through your chakras, possibly shutting one or more of them down to avoid feeling certain emotions. That’s why it’s important to heal and cleanse our chakras when they’re out of balance.
How Crystals Can be Used to Balance Your Chakras
Crystals promote energy balance within the body, which helps lead to physical, emotional, and spiritual well-being, which is something we should strive for in our daily life. Certain crystals resonate at the same energy as different chakras in your body, meaning you can choose crystals based on the energy they resonate to help balance the chakras that are out of sync with the others. By doing this, a person can remove an energy blockage in a chakra, cleansing and rejuvenating the chakra.
Ways to Use Crystals for Chakra Healing
Currently, there are four effective methods of using crystals for chakra healing. These may not be the only methods a person can try out, but they are the most well-known ones to work.
- Align the crystals with the locations of the chakras on your body. Using this method, all chakras can be healed simultaneously. You’ll want to be sure to use the correct stones for each chakra, with the crystals typically only having to be the same color as the chakra. For example, you can use red jasper for the root chakra and amethyst for the third eye chakra.
- Sleep or rest near the healing crystals. Sleeping with crystals under your pillow or placing them next to you while you rest can help heal your chakras. You’ll feel their energy impacting your mind, spirit, and body, cleansing you of negative energy and balancing your chakras.
- Meditate with healing crystals. Meditation has been used to connect with oneself and heal chakras for thousands of years. When you meditate while holding or sitting near healing crystals, you can achieve a deeper state of consciousness. Envision the outcome of the meditation session or think about what you want to heal while using the crystals, and your results can be enhanced.
- Wear crystals on your body. Wearing crystals can help to heal your chakras over time. The more time you spend wearing them, the more their frequencies will balance your personal energy.
Chakra Healing in Dallas
Soultopia Holistic Boutique strongly believes in the power of crystals to heal chakras. When chakras are out of balance, a person can experience a world of problems, but using crystals to heal and cleanse the chakras can help get you back on your feet. Visit us in Dallas for more information or to book a tarot reading. We also offer healing services and tarot readings online for those outside the Dallas area.
Image credit: Melina Massola/Shutterstock