Protection stones are rocks or crystals used to keep negative energy at bay, inspiring positive influences. Various stones and crystals have been used for centuries by healers amongst multiple religions and cultures around the world. Whether your aim is to feel good mentally or physically, there is a protection stone with the specific qualities to assist in doing so.
The Many Types and Uses of Protection Stones
We are living in an exceedingly divisive time of modern history where the “us” versus “them” theory is prevalent. Society’s framework creates a lot of friction amongst the public and often results in negative energy. In addition, there are many other causes of negative energy.
The passing of loved ones, the end of long-term relationships, missed opportunities for advancement at work; whatever the reason, negative influences take a toll on our overall well-being. Thankfully, one way to ward them off and attract positive vibes is through the use of protection stones.
Below are a few of the more common protection stones with information on how and why they are used.
- Amethyst – Amethyst emanates a soothing and protective energy. It is also well known for its healing qualities and is often recommended for caregivers, nurses, doctors, and anyone else working in the healthcare industry. Amethyst is also suggested to be used by anyone suffering from phobias, headaches, addictions, asthma, panic attacks, or PMS.
- Black Kyanite – If you struggle with letting go, especially of bad relationships and people who drain your energy, this is the stone for you. Visualize your ties to the person while holding the crystal and then use the crystal to cut that imaginary tie. This should help to free you from their hold and return your peace of mind. Because of its primary use, Black Kyanite is often called the Nonattachment Stone.
- Black Tourmaline – When it comes to all-round protection, Black Tourmaline has your back. It is often recommended as a daily protection stone used for repelling negative energy. The stone creates a protective cloak around you that blocks the negative thoughts and feelings you could have otherwise absorbed.
- Citrine – Also known as Gold Topaz and “the success stone,” citrine harnesses the power of the golden sunlight to bring warmth and happiness into your personal life, including relationships with others. Citrine encourages free thought and inspires those who use it to push for the realization of their dreams ― hence the reason for its nickname. Some healers also use this stone to treat thyroid imbalances and diseases of the bladder.
- Tourmalated Quartz – Tourmalated Quartz is a constant reminder that we all house pillars of strength in the very core of our being. These pillars help to hold us up in some of our weakest moments and help provide us with that same strength and support to others who may need it. Because of its ability to inspire internal strength, it is considered a very powerful protection stone.
How to Use Protection Stones
Though most protection stones and healing crystals may be used through the incorporation of one’s wardrobe or décor, some require a more intricate process for the best results. These processes may require meditation, visualization, and other special techniques, making it so important to be in regular contact with a healer or guide.
Contact us to learn about crystals, protection stones, and their many uses. You may also be interested in booking a Crystal Healing Session with the owner, Michelle Welch. We will be happy to provide you with more information on what protection stones are best for you and how healing crystals can improve your everyday life.